Governor’s Award for the Arts

To my great astonishment, I have just been notified by the Alaska State Council on the Arts that Governor Sarah Palin has chosen me to receive a Governor’s Award for the Arts. I am to be named Artist of the Year on October 26, 2007, at an event in Fairbanks.

I’m pretty flabbergasted right now, and kinda verbless along with it. More later.

Alaska State Council on the Arts

————————————————-

Okay, I lied, I didn’t blog from Bouchercon. Sorry, but you can go here and look at Karen Laubenstein’s photos, and you can go here, find the “Bouchercon 2007: An Alaskan “Mystery” video, and watch my film debut in a black-and-white B movie with Harley Jane Kozak and gumshoe John “Dick” Tracy.

12 thoughts on “Governor’s Award for the Arts

1. Cathy says:

It’s an appropriate award for such an accomplished artist, Dana. Sincere congratulations. The state of Alaska has chosen the correct Artist of the Year.

We will want pictures of you and the Governor and your citation, please.

Congratulations again.

Cathy

2. Karen Laubenstein says:

Dana, Cathy and the Danamaniacs want PHOTOS of you and the Governor and your citation…
    please! I’ll do my best to make it up from Seattle with the right focal lengths. I could get use to doing the “you and the Guv” photos. But oh what an honor! We’re so psyched for you!!!!

3. Rebecca says:

You go girl! Congratulations Dana!
    The Council on the Arts of the great state of Alaska obviously knows stellar talent when they see it. What a great role model for other aspiring artists. You deserve every good thing that comes your way.

Well done! A huge honor for a deserving woman. Way to go!

Rebecca 🙂

4. CathyO says:

Dana,

Congratulations on your upcoming award. And thanks to you and the Alaskan Sisters in Crime for throwing a great party.

CathyO

5. Carol G says:

Fantastic! Congratulations on your award as Artist of the Year. Very appropriate Alaskan award, not just for the stories,but also for how effectively your writing conveys the beauty of Alaska itself.

Carol G

6. Tamara says:

Congratulations Dana! I’m making the awards for the Humanities this year ~ wish you were getting one of those too.

Have a fun time at the awards & say hi to Sarah! Tam

7. Dana;
    It is the pleasure for the Alaska State Council on the Arts to give you the award! You deserve it. I have been watching your career for a long time, Congratulations!

Gail Niebrugge, Alaska Artist